~Quarantine Reads!~




Hi! I know these are tough times right now that we're going through, but look on the bright side...there's more time to read! I would definitely take a regular day over more time to read any day. I miss things the way they are. That is not the point of this post, though. Over the past few months since quarantine has started, I have read a ton of books. Some were okay while some I fell absolutely heads over heels in LOVE. While I can't technically go out to the local library and borrow some books, my kindle has made it SO much easier to read.

1. Moment of Truth by Kasie West

    Kasie West is definitely one of my all-time favorite authors. She writes contemporary YA romance stories and they are amazing. I don't want to hype it up too much. If you read one of her books and it's not your cup of tea, it's completely fine. I enjoy her books so much. They are cute while having a lot of good messages in them. That was no different for Moment of Truth. It's about a girl named Hailey Moore whose one passion is swimming. That is until a mysterious guy in a Heath Hall (a fictional movie character) mask decided to crash her swimming meet. Hailey was determined to find out who was under that mask. Along with the help of her best friend...she found that the person behind the mask was not at all who she was expecting. Along the way, Hailey found herself falling in love with a guy she hated...a guy she never thought she would fall in love with. Hailey's brother died before she was born. That left her parents completely shattered and her mom never got over it. Everybody is afraid of something...but will they be brave enough to overcome it?
The book was about overcoming your fears so if that's something you're interested in, I highly recommend picking this book off of the shelf (you know...when you can)

2. Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski

    I was very hesitant about reading this book. But I gave it a shot. I almost quit reading but I braved on. I'm so glad I did because really enjoyed this book. It's Devi's senior year and her one wish is to go back to her freshman year and decide not to date Bryan. They dated all through her four years of high school and along the way, Devi lost her friends and she was so caught up in Bryan that she didn't study for school. Making her end up having to apply to a near-by college with a 100% acceptance rate. Devi found her wish has been answered when she accidentally dropped her phone in the fountain. It was still working, surprisingly. But could only call one person: her freshman self. Devi found an opportunity to change her life completely. She already knew all the bad things that were going to happen...including the break-up between her and Bryan. But what if getting everything you think you want changes everything? I found senior-Devi to be really controlling, but she's one of the best characters I've ever read that went through character change. I was so hooked that I finished this book in one sitting. I'm so glad I picked it off the shelf.


3. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson


    I loved this book so much and I'm so glad I got it for my birthday. It was a fun read that's set in the summer. Andie had everything planned out for her summer. She was going to a pre-med internship for the summer to get away from her crazy political house. But when her father, a famous congressman, got mixed up in a scandal, Andie found her pre-med internship recommendation letter got revoked. Now she was staying at home for the summer with her dad (who was so busy before with his campaign) and had absolutely no plans for the summer. Andie went out to find a summer job and landed with one she did not think she would ever do: dog walking. But maybe the job's not so bad. Especially if it involves meeting a cute boy along the way. Through it all, Andie learned that maybe not having everything planned out is okay. Because some of the best things that happen may happen unexpectedly.

    Thank you for reading!

All of these books can be found here on Amazon:

    Follow me on Goodreads!
    If you liked reading this and would want more...make sure to follow, like, and subscribe!

#quarantinereads #bookrecommendations

©️ 2020 Theasianreader. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Book Review: The Rest of the Story~

~Book Review: Emmy & Oliver~