~Book Review: Aurora Burning~


    My Rating: 
    
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (5)

    My Thoughts:

    Hello and welcome back to my blog!

    I just finished Aurora Burning this morning and just....wow. I don't even know where to start. P.S. I will try to keep this as spoiler-free from Aurora Rising as possible but be warned...

    Compared to Aurora Rising, I have to say I like this a lot more. They're both excellent but this book had such a grip on me from the beginning. And I was hooked throughout the rest of the story. Squad 312 was in a heap of trouble after what happened in Aurora Rising. They were still on the run and worse, they were now the galaxy's most wanted criminals.

    With the Ra'haam growing in power and the GIA (Global Intelligence Agency...Earth's scary and corrupted governing authority) after them, the fate of the universe was left on Auri (jeez), the mysterious girl who was found in a spaceship that had been lost for over 200 years. So, yes, she's kind of over 200 years old. Auri was able to wield a special power that could eliminate Ra'haam once and for all...butttttt there was another problem. An Unbroken (scary Syldrathi—very hot alien species—gang whose leader was known as the Starslayer...I think the name speaks for itself) was right on their butt and the Templar (the ship leader) wanted one of the squad's members. Not chaotic enough? Auri didn't even know how to control this special power of hers. Then the squad got split up, and a galactic war was on the verge of happening.

    Character development is a big part of this book. I could tell how much each character has grown from the last book. Not just individually but as a group, too. They were thrown together without a choice but as they escape danger with one another, trust started to grow between them. Don't get me even started on the romantic relationship. Some people might find it cheesy but I found it really cute. It was a little bit of love at first sight. But as Auri and Kal (the squad member who was Syldrathi) got to know each other more, they started to develop feelings. Their interactions were 😍.

    Most sequels I've read lacked the action that I loved so much in the first book. But it was not the case with Aurora Burning. Every page was action-packed that left me on the edge of my seat wanting to know more. The ending was...WHAT??? I wasn't ready for the book to end! It left on such a big cliffhanger. This just makes me so much more excited for the third book. This had been an amazing read to lead me right into September. Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff write some of the best sci-fi books I've ever read!

    Thanks for reading! ❤


    This book can be found here on Amazon and Goodreads!

    Follow me on Goodreads, Pinterest, and Instagram!

    If you liked reading this and would want more...make sure to follow, like, and subscribe!


©️ 2020 Theasianreader. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Book Review: The Rest of the Story~

~Book Review: Emmy & Oliver~

~Quarantine Reads!~